General Data Protection Regulation GDPR
Who collects and processes your personal data?
DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. , does. DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. is registered in the Mercantile Registry of Navarre, volume 617, sheet 117, page Nº NA-12853, under the trade name SHM. Its legal address is Vía Dos Castillas 33, Building 4, 1st Floor (Pozuelo de Alarcón – Spain – Zip Code 28224), NIF B31517253. SHM main product’s trade name is BrickControl. DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. is committed to guarantee the safety and confidentiality of the Personal Data provided by clients, potential clients and users according to the Data Protection Law.
You may contact us at email@example.com or by telephone at +34912919966.
Who is the Data Protection Officer of the Controller?
DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. has appointed SHM Privacy Team as data protection officer. The team will provide the required support and will serve our customers.
You may contact SHM Privacy Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the postal address at Vía Dos Castillas 33, Building 4, 1st Floor – Pozuelo de Alarcón – Spain – Zip Code 28224, (Att. DPO).
What personal data does DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. collect?
DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. may collect various types of data, including personal data about you such as your name, address, email address, phone number, login information, marketing preferences, social media account information, bank details, when you:
- Request to download our software
- Place an order
- Complete a form on our website or take part in a survey
- Visit our website
- Interact with us through social networks, or blogs
- Contact us by phone, email, postal service, or fax
- Sign up to use any of our services
Additionally, DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. may collect the following data:
- billing information, transactional information, financial data, and payment methods information such as but not limited to credit cards, or account numbers, provided by you for the management of your order.
- personal data related to your or your employer’s business relationship with DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L.,
- personal data DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. must collect due to legal- and compliance-related purposes,
- application-related personal data,
- personal data which DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. may receive from third parties,
- personal data DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. requires to ensure your or your employer’s satisfaction with our products, services and offerings.
- demographic attributes, when tied to personal information that identifies you;
- photographs that identify you and testimonials;
- company data such as the name, size and location of the company you work for and your role within the company as well as publicly available company information and activity associated with company data;
- data from surveys conducted by DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. or by third parties on behalf of DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. and publicly available information, such as social media posts;
- call recording and chat transcript data from Sales and customer support calls and live chat sessions or interviews;
- unique IDs such as your mobile device identifier or cookie ID on your browser;
- IP address and information that may be derived from IP address, such as geographic location;
- information about a device you use, such as browser, device type, operating system, the presence or use of “apps”, screen resolution, and the preferred language;
- certain location or geolocation information you provide directly or through automated means, if you choose to enable location-based services from your device or DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. app; and
- behavioural data of the internet connected computer or device you use when interacting with the sites, such as advertisements clicked or viewed, sites and content areas, date and time of activities or the web search used to locate and navigate to a site.
Please note that our website, apps, and services may use technology that allows us to obtain information related to their use, or collect information about the operating system in which they are used, in order to identify possible errors or incidents.
For what purpose(s) does DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. collect personal data?
DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. processes personal data on behalf of a customer in order to provide and perform contracted services and the billing associated to them, as well as to perform marketing campaigns related to our products and services.
Also, upon the regulation’s publishing in June 2021, SHM will continue to treat your data with maximum security and confidentiality, and for the same purposes that You have agreed upon, as well as the ones that are justified on the basis of the mentioned regulation, included the following purposes:
- pursue its business relationships with you, your employer, or your employer’s customers, including ensuring your satisfaction with and keeping you up to date on the latest news about our products and services,
- develop and offer you its software products, cloud and other services,
- protect the quality and safety of its premises, facilities, products or services,
- secure and, if necessary, defend its protected legal assets against unlawful attacks, assert our rights or defend DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. against legal claims,
- ensure compliance with statutory laws and regulations applicable to DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L.,
- operate DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L.’s Internet pages, web offerings, or other online events including analysing the behaviour of the users, enabling you to create a user profile, benefit from an identity service and to promote and continuously improve your user experience,
- transfer it to recipients like third-party service providers, DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. partners and others,
- to communicate and respond to your requests and inquiries to DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L.;
- to create and administer a DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. single sign-on (SSO) account and to deliver functionality on our sites and for their technical and functional management;
- to engage in transactions with customers, suppliers and business partners and to process orders for DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. products and services;
- to analyse, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our sites and products and services;
- to manage the security and operation of our sites, facilities, and networks and systems; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business;
- to administer subscriptions of DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. publications and newsletters;
- to market our products and services or related products and services, and to tailor our marketing and sales activities to your or your company’s interests; and
- to provide select business-to-business services to DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. customers using publicly available information about companies which may include personal information such as the name of a company’s CEO that is publicly available.
These purposes are described below in further detail.
To communicate and respond to your requests and inquiries to DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L.
If you get in touch with us (such as by submitting contact forms on our sites, reaching out to us via DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. Sales chat, attending DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. events or other occasions, sending an email or by visiting social media platforms), we process information about you to communicate with you and to respond to your requests or other inquiries. We can also process personal information to interact with you on third party social networks.
To create a DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. SSO account and deliver functionality on our sites and for their technical and functional management
When you choose to register with us (such as to make use of our communities), we need to process the personal information provided by you so that we can create a DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. account for you. Please note, this only applies to personal information controlled by DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L., not personal information DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. processes on behalf of our customers.
To engage in transactions with customers, suppliers and business partners and to process purchases of our products and services
If you place an order for our products and services, or if you provide services to DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L., If you place an order for our products and services, or if you provide services to DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. processes information about you to engage in and administer the relevant transactions (such as by sending invoices and making payments), administer your order, and help you get started and adopt our products and services (e.g., by contacting you to activate your Cloud services credits). If you download products or services from our sites, DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. uses information about you to confirm certain information about your order (for example, that you did not experience problems in the download process).
To analyse, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our sites and products and services
We may process personal information in order to analyse, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our sites and products and services, including for quality assurance and training purposes, as well as for marketing and sales campaigns. This includes processing personal information to conduct surveys to improve DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. products and services. In case the sites permit you to participate in interactive discussions, create a profile, post comments, opportunities or other content, or communicate directly with another user or otherwise engage in networking activities on DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. sites, DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. may process personal information when moderating these activities.
To manage the security of our sites, facilities, networks and systems
We may collect site use data for security and operations management to help keep our sites, facilities, networks and systems secure, or to investigate and prevent potential fraud, including ad fraud and cyber-attacks and to detect bots.
To comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business
In some cases, we have to process personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations. For example, to respond to a request from a regulator or to defend a legal claim. We may also process personal information in the performance and operation of our business, such as to conduct internal audits and investigations or for finance and accounting and archiving and insurance purposes.
To administer subscriptions of DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. publications and newsletters
If you subscribe to our magazines (such as “DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L.” or “Profit”), we process information about you to administer your subscription to our magazines (including the renewal process) and newsletters.
To market our products, services, events, or related products and services and to tailor marketing and sales activities
DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. may use information about you to notify you about new product releases and service developments, events, alerts, updates, prices, terms, special offers and associated campaigns and promotions (including via newsletters). DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. may also use personal information to advertise DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. ’s products and services or related products and services, and also to have our distributors, resellers or partners notify you about our products or services or their related products or services (such as via joint sales or product promotions). We do our best to tailor your website visit, marketing experience and our communications to your expressed interests. This happens, for example, if you sign up for a DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. community or program like the DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. Partner Network or DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. Technology Network.
If you attend an event, DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. may process information about you gathered in relation to the event and can share information about your attendance with your company. DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. may also permit designated event partners or conference sponsors to send you up to two communications related to your event attendance. Please note that our partners or conference sponsors may directly request information about you at their conference booths or presentations, and their use of your information that you provide to them will be subject to their privacy policies.
We may also process your personal information to post testimonials on our sites, but will first obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial.
To provide select services to DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. customers using publicly-available information which may include personal information such as the name of a company’s CEO
For some business-to-business services, we may collect the publicly available names of company directors and officials to better understand the status of these companies and help inform our services which relate to providing customers information about other companies.
For what period do we retain personal information?
Your account information will be retained for as long as you maintain an active account or for the time necessary to comply with the legal obligations and responsibilities which may result from the fulfilment of the purposes for which the data were collected.
After service termination, the data hosted in the DataCentre to provide and perform contracted services, will be deleted within a period that does not exceed six months from service termination, or immediately if you request so.
Will DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. disclose personal information to third parties?
We may disclose personal information to the Tax Administration Office, banks or financial entities to manage the billing of the contracted services. Also, we may disclose information to the Security Forces for national security and/or law enforcement purposes.
Disclosing personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information with the following third parties for a business purpose:
- Third-party service providers (for example, credit card processing services, order fulfilment, analytics, event/campaign management, website management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other similar service providers) in order for those service providers to perform business functions on behalf of DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L.;
- Relevant third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to government requests, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes.
We may share personal information with the following third parties for a commercial purpose:
- DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. distributors or resellers for further follow-up related to your interests, specific partners that offer complementary products and services or with third parties to facilitate interest-based advertising; and
- Event partners or conference sponsors for DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. events such as when you scan your badge at a sponsored booth.
What are your data protection rights?
You shall have the right to request information about whether DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. is processing your personal data, therefore, you shall have the right to access, rectify, delete, and perform the portability of your data, as well as to oppose or limit its processing by DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. at email@example.com enclosing a copy of your ID or equivalent identification document; or at the postal address at Vía Dos Castillas 33, Building 4, 1st Floor – Pozuelo de Alarcón – Spain – Zip Code 28224, (Att. DPO). Additionally, if you consider you have not been able to fully exercise your rights in a satisfactory manner, you may file a claim with the National control authority for Data Protection, the Spanish Data Protection Agency at Jorge Juan, 6 – Madrid – Zip Code 28001.
Also, you can access the European Union online platform for dispute settlement: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/?event=main.home2.show
Where do we source your personal information?
DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. can process information about you collected directly from you through a contact form, including when you visit our website, or via email.
The personal data we process are mainly identification and contact data, such as name, address, email address, phone number; marketing related preferences data, and billing data when you contract services.
Specially protected data are not processed.
DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. can process information about you collected directly from you both offline and online, including when you create a DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. account to access DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. products and services or attend a DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. -sponsored event. Information about you may also be provided to DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. by selected third party sources, such as data aggregators who may not have a direct relationship with you or by third parties who collect information about you on behalf of DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. such as when you download a DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. whitepaper.
How is your personal data protected?
The personal data we collect is stored in a secure environment. The DataCentre we use for our servers is Amazon Web Services. These data are processed confidentially. Access to such data is limited to the DPO.
Your data travels through the internet encrypted and securely coded through an SSL Certificate (https). DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. main goal is to implement maximum security measures not only for the servers in which the data is stored, but to ensure those standards are also met during its travel through the internet, therefore we use the https protocol.
How do we store and back up your data?
Your data is hosted on Amazon Web Services DataCentre in Ireland. Also, we use disk mirroring and daily back-up copies. Additionally, we replicate the data from all our clients in another Amazon Web Services DataCentre in Frankfurt, therefore, we offer our customers maximum security for their data.
You can also check out Amazon Web Services security policies in the following links:
Our commitment in terms of privacy
To ensure the security of your personal data, we communicate our privacy and security polices to all our employees, and we take all reasonable precautions to protect your privacy.
DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. has implemented appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures designed to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, damage, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, as well as all other forms of unlawful processing.
Cookies and other technologies
- Required Cookies are required to enable core site functionality. For example, to remember your log-in details, and provide you a secure log-in.
- Functional Cookies allow us to improve our website performance. These cookies collect statistics information– for example your preferences in regards to social network interactions or allow you to post comments on our website.
- Advertising Cookies allow DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. and our partners to serve ads that are relevant to your interests.
Additionally, in our emails we may use personalized links that refer you to DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. website. By clicking on any of these links, the client is automatically redirected to our website, therefore, we can track the click rates in order to determine the level of interest on certain topics and evaluate the effectiveness of our communications. If you do not want us to track your information, do not click on the text or graphic links included in emails.
Pixel tags allow us to send emails in a readable format to our clients, and know whether the email has been read or not. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate the messages sent to clients.
How is personal information handled globally?
DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. is a global corporation with operations in many countries and personal information is processed globally as necessary in accordance with this policy. All the needed data to provide and perform contracted services are hosted on Amazon Web Services DataCentre, located within the European Union. If personal information is transferred to a DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. recipient in a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection for personal information, DESARROLLOS INFORMATICOS SHM S.L. will take adequate measures designed to protect the personal information, such as ensuring that such transfers are subject to the terms of the EU Model Clauses or other adequate transfer mechanism as required under relevant data protection laws.